If someone asks you, ‘Are you healthy?’, how would you answer them? If you are currently on our program, you are probably eating really well so you believe that you are fairly healthy (especially if you are exercising too). However, there is much more to health than good eating and exercise. This week, I want to explore the notion of holistic health and, in my opinion, what it really embodies.
To me, being healthy is:
- Feeling energetic: Being able to get out of bed with a spring in your step and firing on all cylinders until it’s your bed-time (of course, a siesta on the weekends is very much allowed)
- Being happy: Being ‘emotionally well’ is just as important as being physically well. If you are positive, smiling and laughing regularly and dealing with manageable stress and anxiety levels, then you are on the right track to emotional wellness.
- Eating well: Having a healthy appetite and eating a range of different coloured ‘fresh’ foods helps to nourish your body and keep you well. Regular daily bowel motions are also important too.
- Exercising regularly: Your body is designed to move so make sure you do it. It keeps your bones and muscles strong, your cardio-vascular system pumping and helps your brain to produce ‘feel good’ happy hormones.
- Communicating with others: Socialising is important! Sharing your thoughts with friends (even strangers) helps you to ‘belong’ in society and keeps you engaged in those around you. Connecting with others should be a daily priority (particularly those who work alone in a home-office environment). Face to face communication is the best way – texts and emails don’t count!
- Being grateful: This means being thankful for all you have and also having the ability to see the ‘good’ in life
As I said, this list is just my thoughts on what constitutes ‘good’ health – where do you fit in? If you can tick all of these boxes, then you can feel pretty happy about how you are travelling in life. If there are some areas where you can improve, you need to work on it (and seek professional help if necessary).
If you are concerned about your weight (and therefore, your physical health) then you need to see The Natural Way today! Make a FREE appointment to see your caring consultant at your local clinic on 1300 SLIMMER (754663). We can help you to get back the body you want!
See us at www.thenaturalway.com.au