There is no denying it – Spring is here. It’s really easy to ‘lose the plot’ with your weight over Winter, but now there are no excuses to get back on track as we steam-roll towards Summer. I want to help you with your personal Spring ‘overhaul’, so follow the tips below to get kick-started:
- Get Outside: the sun is rising earlier, so get out of bed and enjoy the crisp mornings by going on a brisk walk. Even if you start with only 20 minutes every day (and work on going for longer each week), you will come home feeling refreshed and ready to start your busy day.
- Find a Fitness Buddy: Chances are now that Spring is here, you won’t be the only one wanting to get into better shape. Ask your friends and family whom you could see yourself working out with, and find out who else wants to get more active. Exercising with somebody you know (even if just once a week) can go a long way toward keeping you on track. Having a ‘workout buddy’ with similar goals to turn to for support can help keep you going when you start to lose motivation.
- Spring Clean the Pantry: Don’t see this as an exercise in ‘cleaning’, see it as a way to get rid of unhealthy foods that may sabotage your weight loss efforts. Over Winter, you may have stockpiled ‘comfort’ foods such as biscuits, snack foods, hot chocolate powder etc – these are the foods that you need to get rid of now! The best way to not be tempted to eat badly is to only have ‘good’ foods on hand: so replace the ‘bad’ foods with healthy snacks (such as raw nuts, seeds etc).
- Don’t Forget to Check your Fridge too: Once you’ve cleaned out your cupboards, it’s time to turn to the fridge. Again, cull the unhealthy foods and make a mental list of all the good foods in there. Are you able to make a half-decent salad with the contents of your crisper? If the answer is ‘no’, time to shop. Make sure you have plenty of fresh vegetables on hand – the more colourful, the better. To find the freshest product, investigate where your closest farmers’ market is, and support the local growers.
- Set A Goal: With just over 3 months until Christmas, now is the time to realistically set a target for your weight loss efforts. What would you like to weigh by the time Summer is here? Write this figure down on a piece of paper and put it on your fridge door or any other place where you will see it daily. The only way to stay on track is to be CONSTANTLY reminded of your end-goal.
The best way to get your Spring weight loss campaign is to call on the experts to help – and that is what we are! The Natural Way has been helping people to lose weight for over 35 years and we know that we can help you to achieve your ‘wildest’ weight loss dreams. Call The Natural Way on 1300 SLIMMER (1300754663) and make your FREE appointment to find out more about how The Natural Way can help you to look (and feel) fabulous this Summer.
Visit our website: www.thenaturalway.com.au