It’s now December so the days until Christmas are ticking by fast (actually, just over 3 weeks to go – really!). Did you know that the average person can put on 2kg over Christmas? That’s a lot of overindulging! No doubt, you have plenty of socializing to do over the Festive Season so it’s important to be careful about how much you are eating & drinking!
If you want to start 2015 feeling ‘fabulous’ (and not ‘flabulous’), then you need to keep these healthy tips in mind:
- Eat raw vegetables or a piece of fruit before you go out to your next Christmas party, so you have something in your stomach (and therefore don’t head straight to the food as soon as you arrive).
- Limit your alcohol: Volunteer to be the driver and don’t drink any alcohol; instead, hold a glass of sparkling water, so you feel like you are doing something with your hands.
- Aim to talk more than you eat.
- Exercise on the day you have a Christmas party – and the day after to ‘burn off’ the extra calories consumed.
- Never stand next to the table of food – in fact, find somewhere to talk as far away from the food table as possible
- Take your own plate of ‘healthy’ party food – salsa / hommus dip with vegetable sticks is perfect and at least you know there will be something healthy for you to snack on.
- You don’t need to eat a 3-course meal every time you go out to a Christmas celebration. It’s ok to forgo dessert (or just have a little taste of your partners’)
- Drink a big glass of water just before you leave to go out. It will ensure you are properly hydrated (before you indulge in a little Christmas cheer) and suppress your appetite.
If you want to know more survival tips for Christmas and discover some delicious, healthy, festive recipes, click onto the link below and discover The Natural Way’s Christmas program. We know that this time of year is challenging to the waist-line, so we want to do our best to keep you on track:
If you are worried about managing your weight over Christmas, you may need some personalized advice from the experts. Call 1300 SLIMMER (754663) now, and be prepared to fight those excess Christmas calories!
View our website: www.thenaturalway.com.au