BRRRRR….I woke up this morning and thought to myself, “Yes, Winter is definitely here!” The cooler weather combined with wearing layers of ‘forgiving’ winter clothes and desire to eat comfort foods means that it can be very easy to put on weight over the coming months. We have the solution: follow our 5 easy tips for keeping your weight on track over Winter and you will find that you can be slim and sensational by Spring.
1. Eat more protein: Protein helps to keep you feeling satisfied for longer, reducing the likelihood of overeating. Spread your protein intake out evenly throughout the day and include a source of protein such as meat, fish, eggs, seeds or nuts at every meal.
2. Exercise: Exercise not only keeps you warm, it also helps you burn off the calories you take in & keeps your metabolism boosted. Aim for at least one hour of moderate intensity exercise at least five times per week. If you are short on time (especially during the week), hire a treadmill for the duration of winter and exercise at night in front of the TV.
3. Drink herbal tea between meals: Herbal teas are virtually calorie-free and make a great substitute to water if you don’t want to have a ‘cold’ drink. Flavours such as ginger, licorice, peppermint or even The Natural Way Herbal Tea all have a very potent ‘heating’ action in your digestive system, so try one of these when you need to warm up – besides, it’s much kinder to your waistline than hot chocolate.
4. Warm up with soups: Not only does soup warm up your body, it’s also fantastic for keeping your waistline in check. Soup is low in calorie density which means it contains fewer calories for its weight than that most foods. As a result, you can feel ‘full’ on soup quite easily and you won’t be consuming as many calories as you would with your usual meals. Just be careful not to eat cream-based soups or laksas – stick with tomato or stock-based soups, filled with lots of vegetables. Check out our The Natural Way Recipe Book for some fantastic soup recipe ideas!
5. Check your weight regularly: Tracksuits and ugg boots are a cosy way of getting through winter, but it’s easy for those extra couple of kilos to creep on without you realising. Keep your weight in check by weighing yourself at the same time on the same day each week. Of course, by being on The Natural Way program, we do this for you (and your measurements too!).
As the weather starts to cool, it is crucial to keep motivated: and our professional consultants can certainly help you with that. It’s not just the personalised one-on-one consultations that will keep your weight on track: we have specific winter weight loss programs (with scrumptious recipes) that makes losing weight over the next three months positively easy! So if you want to be slim and sensational by Spring call The Natural Way today on 1300 SLIMMER (1300 754663) OR visit our website www.thenaturalway.com.au