Are you currently losing weight and struggling to hit your goal? There is nothing more frustrating than hovering close to your ideal weight but not quite making it there! However there are a number of reasons why you may not be hitting your goal: here are the Top 5.
1. You are not getting enough sleep: If you are not sleeping at least 7 hours a day, you may be experiencing sleep deprivation. A lack of adequate rest can slow the metabolism and affect your hunger hormones. Gherlin, which is produced in the stomach and is responsible for stimulating appetite, is produced in greater volumes in those who are sleep deprived.
2. You sit down too much: if you have a sedentary job and then come home at night and watch TV for a few hours, then you are ‘telling’ your body it’s ok to be in a state of rest and your metabolism will slow down accordingly. Humans are supposed to be active, so engage in some type of exercise most days to give your body the chance to snap out of its sluggish state and burn some calories.
3. You count calories, not nutrients: While you may be eating smaller portions to ensure you are eating around 1200 calories per day, you may not be getting adequate vitamins and minerals to help your weight loss. Eating a well-balanced diet consisting of low-fat whole foods (not over-processed frozen meals or diet shakes) will ensure your body is properly nourished, and weight loss will result.
4. You are making bad food choices: While you may ONLY be buying foods from the supermarket that proclaim to be ‘low fat’, this does not mean you are making the best weight loss choices. Often, low fat foods are really high in sugar – you need to read the label carefully and avoid any food that has over 5g of ‘carbohydrates – sugars’ per 100g.
5. You are dealing with a hormonal condition: Unfortunately, being a woman means we are prone to hormonal fluctuations every month, and this can definitely negatively impact on our weight. If your hormones are out of balance – and this can also be a big problem as you approach the ‘change of life’- then you may be in a constant struggle to manage a healthy weight.
At The Natural Way, we have all-natural solutions to helping you to lose weight and keep it off. For example, if you feel that it is your imbalanced hormones that is contributing to your weight problem, our exclusive Natural Woman will help to bring your hormones back into balance naturally.
So don’t give up! We know we can help you achieve your goal weight. Just call 1300 SLIMMER (754663) now, and make a FREE appointment to talk to your local the Natural Way consultant about your weight and health goals. We know we have a lifestyle friendly program that we can tailor to suit your needs, tastes and budget.
View our website: www.thenaturalway.com.au