Once you make the decision to lose your excess weight, there is usually one BIG reason behind it. In fact, at The Natural Way, we ask all of our new clients, “What is the reason why you want to lose weight?” The answers usually vary from client to client, but most often, it usually is ‘to improve my health’, ‘to fit into my clothes again’, ‘to feel better about myself’, or ‘because I have a wedding / party / birthday coming up and I want to look good’.
Having a reason to lose weight – and constantly reminding yourself of that reason while you undertake our weight loss program – can keep you motivated and focussed all the way to your goal weight. However, I am sure that most of you have more than one reason that you would like to lose weight – have you ever really taken the time to think about ALL the reasons why you would like to be slim again?
Well, I found a fantastic website where a lady who has just started her weight loss journey, has written a long list of all the reasons she would like to lose weight…here are her top 50 (oh yes, there were quite a few more – I think around 88 in total). So how many of these can you relate to?
1)I want to avoid… cancer
2) Heart disease
4) High blood pressure
5) I want to see my kids grow up. If I lost weight my chances of living longer increase
6) I want to feel confident
7) I want to feel sexy
8) I want my feet not to hurt from just average activities
9) I want to wear normal clothes
10) I want to shop in normal stores
11) I don’t want to feel like I stick out
12) The seatbelt doesn’t fit right, if I lost weight maybe it wouldn’t hurt my neck.
13) I want to be able to wear a normal bra, even an under wire. If I lost weight it wouldn’t dig into the fat on my arms and the fat on my belly when I sat down.
14) I don’t want to feel like people are watching what I eat in restaurants
15) I want to visit a buffet without feeling like people watch how many trips I take…even though I eat WAY less than most of them
16) I want to sit down without worry that I will break someone’s chair
17) I want to swing on a swing set
18) I want to run with my kids
19) I miss my taunt abs
20) I miss the lines in the muscles of my calves
21) I want to wear a bathing suit without a skirt, towel or wrap
22) If I lost weight I wouldn’t be afraid of my parents’ pool ladder.
23) Sleeveless shirt and dresses
24) Every woman should have a “little” black dress
25) I don’t like being afraid of the scales
26) I want to be able to wear one size fits all
27) I’m tired of the letter X in front of my clothing sizes
28) So I can buy a nice winter coat
29) If I lost weight I could cross my legs
30) Not to worry about fitting in a booth at a restaurant
31) To be able to see saw with my kids
32) I don’t want to avoid amusement park rides
33) I don’t want to feel like I am an embarrassment to my husband when we go out
34) Being fat keeps me from feeling comfortable in social situations
35) I want to feel comfortable behind my husband on his motorcycle, not feel like my gut is pushing him up onto the tank
36) Also, I want to not worry about how much of my butt is hanging off either side of the seat
37) I want to buy nice underwear that don’t come in a 6 pack
38) I want to buy lingerie without getting weird looks
39) If my face were thinner I could wear any hair cut I want
40) To see if my face is any other shape other than ROUND
41) I want one chin
42) I’d like to at least be able to consider wearing the “skinny jeans” that are so popular right now even though I am too old
43) I want to feel strong, I used to be muscular and strong
44) I want to not feel like I am ruining our family photos with my fat self
45) I don’t want to run from cameras
46) When my husband does snap a candid picture of me I would like to hope when I lose weight at least once in a while they would be flattering
47) I’d like to be able to get up off the floor. I used to be able to stand up from the floor without using my hands
48) I want to look at the headlines on magazines at the checkout counter not contemplating if the “Newest Diet Breakthrough” they boast about is what I need.
49) So I can actually cover my butt in a hospital gown
50) I want to get on with life and stop obsessing over losing weight
It doesn’t matter if you have 1 reason, 20 reasons, 50 reasons or 100 reasons to lose weight: The Natural Way can help you to achieve your dream body. So don’t delay, let’s get started today: call 1300 SLIMMER (1300 754663) and talk to one of our experienced weight loss consultants. We have been helping Australians lose weight for over 30 years, and we know we can help you too!
Visit our website: www.thenaturalway.com.au